Sports MedicineSanford Hospital Vermilion Rehabilitation Department staff perform orthopedic evaluations on patients with acute athletic and work-related injuries, joint conditions, and muscular dysfunctions. The therapists establish an individual treatment program based on the patient's diagnosis, assessment findings, and goals.
Staff therapists and assistants incorporate hands-on treatment techniques and therapeutic exercise for the rehabilitation of patients. The therapy staff also utilizes the exercise equipment in the Wellness Center at Sanford Vermillion.
Patients benefiting from orthopedic/sports medicine therapy include those with:
- Post-surgical conditions involving joint replacement, fracture stabilization, ligament and tendon repair or reconstruction
- Spinal surgery and musculoskeletal injuries involving muscle strains, ligament sprains, joint inflammation, and post fracture
- Athletes requiring sport specific rehabilitation or programs to improve performance in order to return to competition.
Our StaffThe Sanford Hospital Vermillion Rehabilitation Services Department is staffed by one of the most experienced rehabilitative teams in the area.
Our therapists are held to the highest ethical standards, as they are all members of national professional organizations. The rehab team includes:
- Five physical therapists
- Three occupational therapists
- Two speech-language pathologists