USD Student Health ServicesSanford Vermillion Medical Center is pleased to be the provider for USD's Student Health Services.
Sanford Clinic Vermillion is dedicated to the work of healing and has the vision to significantly improve the human condition through patient care, education and research. We are committed to healthcare excellence at an affordable cost to students.
All currently enrolled USD students who pay the general activity fee each semester are eligible to use Student Health. Your Coyote Card must be presented as identification when using Student Health Services.
Monday-Friday 7:30 am to 8 pm
Sat 8:30 to 11:30 am
Health Services to Meet Your Needs
Healthcare in today's world can often be confusing. Sanford Clinic Vermillion would like to take the opportunity to explain to you our many services we provide to students.
Sanford Clinic Vermillion/USD Student Health uses an appointment system to provide convenience and timeliness in meeting your healthcare needs. You may schedule an appointment with any of the clinic doctors or physician assistants depending on their availability and yours. Student Health offers free office visits to students. Other costs can be accumulated at the time of visit. Please be sure to prepare for your appointment. Items you will need to bring with you include:
- Coyote Card
- Insurance ID card
- Immunization history
- Allergies and reactions
- Medications (include medication name, dosage and strength)
- Vitamins, herbal supplements and other over-the-counter medications
- Family history of illness
Preventive medicine is designed to protect the health of USD students in general, and in particular, those students participating in programs that place them at increased health risk.
- Allergy injections - Students must provide allergy serum and a physician order to administer allergy injections. There is a $5.00 per injection co-pay that is required.
- Injections/Immunizations - These services are given to students at a discounted rate. Please inquire for current prices.
X-rayBasic X-ray services provided under Student Health include chest x-rays and x-rays of the extremities and a reading by a clinic physician in conjunction with your basic care examination. A separate bill from the reading of your x-ray will come from the radiologist and his/her organization.
LaboratoryBasic laboratory services are provided to you at no charge through the Student Health contract include:
- Automated Complete Blood Count
- White Cell Count
- Hemoglobin, Platelet
- Occult Blood Screen
- Strep Test
- Pregnancy Test
PhysicalsPhysical examinations are important to protect the health and wellness of our students along with their specific health care needs. Below are a list of physicals we offer to students at discounted rates along with basic care:
- Basic Care Examinations (i.e. cold/cough, etc.)
- Annual Physical
- Nursing Physical
- Student Teaching Physical
- Job Physical
- Athletic Physical
- Pre-operative Physical
- Annual Gynecological Exam
- Initial Nutritional Evaluation and Treatment
- Initial Rehabilitation Services and Athletic Injury Evaluations
- Respitory Care - Nebulizer Treatments
- HIV Pre-Test and Post-Test Counseling
- Disease Screening Services
- Patient Education
Other Healthcare Services Available to You
- Counseling Services (USD Student Counseling Center, Julian Hall: 605-677-5777)
- Family Planning Services (SD Department of Health Family Planning Clinic - 15 S Plum Street, 605.638.8683)